Using Technology To Make Life Easier
We are passionate about technology and implementing it throughout homes, cottages, businesses, or any property you wish to monitor and have complete control of. We use the best hardware and software in the industry to ensure a seamless system that is user friendly.
About The Owner, Steven Donley
Steven started programming computers when he was around 8 years old and has used several different computers over the years, starting with a Tandy-Radio Shack Model I.
Fast forward to the late 90’s – Steven started to work for an internet provider in his area, which is where he started to learn more about networking and computer hardware. There, he was responsible for system administration on the *nix machines, learned how to configure the modem banks and did back end programing for websites. At this time he developed a shopping cart system that used a local database on the server. You could add/remove items from the database remotely and wrote a program that would process an HTML file with special tags in it to insert the data where it belonged rather than having to write out the entire html page.
The next decade would bring Steven to start his company, Donley Computers. This business had a focus on the dental industry and did installations throughout Michigan to install and debug systems for them. The Automation Hub is just a section of that business that focuses on consumer and commercial automation projects and home audio as that is tied into many home automation solutions.
In addition, Steven would make sure office medical records in their computer systems are in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Securing the steps to protect confidential e-files within the system and dealing with both the HIPAA and HITECH (Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health) Acts.
Steven expanded and offers Data Security for other industries as well. The majority of loss comes from lost business (client information lost or sold, lost quotes, lost notes, etc.) and the loss of intellectual property. Every business should take steps to protect their computers from theft.
His other services included, Firewalls & internet security, data backup & recovery, Virus/Spyware/Malware Detection and Removal, and hardware.
Steven, being a geek at heart and loving technology, moved into home automation and smart home networks. His passion for this drives him to put the best software and hardware packages together for you. Each system is customized to each client’s needs and wants. Pick and choose which aspects of your property you wish to monitor and control. Your satisfaction is paramount !
- Control lights based on time & occupancy
- Control thermostats based on schedules & occupancy
- Ensure entry doors are closed & locked remotely
- Monitor video cameras with your phone or tablet
- Automatically shut off water when leaks are detected
- Monitor & Control your vacation home, cottage, secondary home or rental property
- Receive spoken alerts, announcements & reminders
- Control energy costs based on usage and projections
- Control and program your home by voice
- Ensure garage doors are locked before bedtime
- Control audio & video equipment around your home
- Detect vehicles entering or leaving your driveway
- Customize your smartphone or tablet screens
- Completely power down audio & video equipment and other appliances at night or when not in use
- And Much More !